Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Recap: a milestone blog...

Almost five years ago to the day, I began writing this blog, and it has just surpassed 8,000 hits, which I believe is cause for both celebration and a little reflection.

When I was trying to get a book deal for In Search of George Stephanopoulos, my friend, Lisa, told me I needed to start a blog so I could come to publishers with an already established following. I personally thought it should be enough to write the darn book. I couldn’t believe I actually had to go out and find people to read it. But I agreed to start a blog immediately.

The first thing I did was contact my younger cousin, Erik and ask, “What’s a blog?”

You should know that I frequently say “yes” to things I have no idea how to do. And thus, In Search of… was born.

I didn’t know if one person would read it, let alone 8,000. So to anyone who has ever read this blog and particularly to those of you who have shared it – thank you.

It has provided an opportunity for me not only to hone my voice and to process my life, but to share it in a unique way that no other format provides. Writing is a solitary affair, and we never know if or when or how we will impact someone’s life or the world at large. But the need to express ourselves and lay bare that which matters most to us always seems to override the nagging doubts, at least for me.

I thought on such an auspicious occasion, I would leaf through the past five years of blog posts and pick one of them from each year that I’ve been doing this.

Since it was Lisa who told me I needed to be doing this, my pick from 2009 is the one where we got together after 25 years...


The start of 2010 had me thinking about what I know for sure…


In 2011, I shared my favorite video…


In 2012, an embarrassing encounter led to this, one of my favorite blogs of all time…


I believe that 2013 contained my most amusing Super Bowl blog…


And though we are only a little bit into 2014, in case you missed it, here is:


I invite you to let me know which ones have been your favorites over the years, and to share the ways in which any of them have impacted you or your life. I would love to hear from you!

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my blog. And as always, please tell your friends!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Blogaversary dear friend. I have loved each and every one of your blogs. Loving the light you shine so very much!

    ReplyDelete